Ideal Isar Service & CP12 - what time should be spent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some help needed please.

If a GSE comes to service a boiler (Ideal Isar) and provide a CP12 for boiler & gas hob - what kind of timescale are we looking at them spending?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Depends how long it takes you to boil the kettle!!

A service on that boiler, I would want to remove the condensate trap and clean it, clear out the sump, take the top off the heat exchanger and check the electrodes and insulation, clear out the heat exchanger fins, pump up the expansion vessel. Then analyse the flue gases. Check for leaks

For some gas analysis is taken as a service

It partly depends on when the boiler was last services and whether that was done properly or not. If it's been correctly maintained on an annual basis then around 45 minutes should be sufficient. If it's been neglected then it'll take longer and may even warrant a return visit to replace any parts which have degraded to the point where reliability or safety may be affected, in which case it'll take as long as it takes.

In circumstances of considerable neglect, it's not unheard of for these boilers to be discovered to be unsafe and beyond economic repair

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
I would expect 45-60mins for boiler and depending on manufacture instructions for hob 30mins max. It that time for both he could confirm any questions you have on performance/how to adjust heating controls etc
Hope this helps

Thanks all. The boiler has been 'serviced' annually and parts changed through fixed price repairs etc. He didn't clean out the dregs from the sump that can cause the trap to block which I would have thought is crucial. He took about 45 mins. So about right I suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back