IDEAL ISAR

Sponsored Links
thanks pal its just you know how crap the pcbs are in this boiler i was not 100% sure.

hav it said:
thanks pal its just you know how rubbish the pcbs are in this boiler i was not 100% sure.

It,s not just the pcb that is awful :cry:

Sponsored Links
lol Yeah m8t, I ha to take one off the wall last week to change the dam pressure vessel...

hav it said:
lol Yeah m8t, I ha to take one off the wall last week to change the dam pressure vessel...

why not install an external one?

lol do you do mostly install, cause i do mostly brakedown the last 2 years or so,and boy they are poo. not sure if they are as poor as a glowworm swift flow... :eek:

kevplumb said:
gas4you said:
hav it said:
thanks pal its just you know how rubbish the pcbs are in this boiler i was not 100% sure.

It,s not just the pcb that is awful :cry:

what's the prob with these iv'e fitted about a doz and no probs barring 1 dodgy pcb changed under warranty

I fitted about 80 of these until I realised that pcb were prone to faults, diverter valves are awful, and worst still there was/is a problem with the screws that hold the burner down at the back. Some of these just jam on the thread and either break off or will not go back in. Local Ideal engineer said it was a problem, something to do with incompatable metals. No probs I thought until ideal often cannot attend quick enough. Apparently it is safe temporarily to let them run with only 5 bolts in. (told this by ideal engineer)

Heat exchangers are proving to be problematic as well.

At present ideal are not offering a chargable call out due to the number of 'in warranty' boilers going down.

I forgot the blocked condensate traps! Had one two weeks ago, I had sent reminder to woman for service each yaer but she chose to ignore it. Got a call from her two weeks ago boiler not working. Condensate trap blocked, condensate had sat there and eaten through aluminium heat exchanger. Boiler not firing due to no gas, as white pressure tube from gas valve to combustion chamber was filling with condensate/water therefore not letting gas valve lift. Her saving on a service had cost her dearly! Boiler only three years old now!)

Only way to service Ideal Isar/Icos is 2/3 kettles of boiling water down heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back