Ideal Isostar HE24 Boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Isostar HE24 Boiler installed under the warmfront scheme. I have been experiencing a worsening problem. The hot water initially runs hot then runs to cold. If you really turn down the flow rate it heats up to hot. This means that the shower won't work and it takes an age to run a bath. There is no issue on central heating (I think - its not been used since April). I contacted Ideal and they want me to arrange an out of warranty call out at a cost of £275. I've seen a lot of discussions about faulty PCB's but Ideal say its probably a problem the domestic hot water thermistor or a valve. Any body any experience to share that could help me resolve this problem?

Sponsored Links
If its a Isar its well out off warranty. Logics replaced them 5-6 years ago now.

Plus Isar was the warmfront boiler of choice.

Would recommend the Ideal repair or get a local gasman out. Possible Scaled plate heat exchanger as you live in a hard water area

It will be hot to begin with because of the preheat function

We usually just swap out the plate with a new one. Clean the old one and leave it with you for when the new one scales and swap em again and so on... though saying that the Isar will have selfdestructed by the time the new plate requires swaping over

:p :p

Have you spoken to the rgi that services it (hope for your sake you have had a yearly service).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back