Ideal Istor HE260 - no '0' displayed & unhelpful manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I have an HE260 installed and came home this evening to find that the display (not the programmer display, but the boiler status display) is blank and I can't get the boiler to ignite despite numerous resets. The manual unhelpfully says that if the display is blank (ie no status code displayed, not even a '0') then the problem isn't with the boiler.... it doesn't say what it might be with. I have no other gas appliances so can't check whether the supply is ok (but am assuming that if there was no gas then the boiler would still show '0' and just fail to ignite?).

Anybody have any experience and/ or suggestions? Really appreciate any help... have had no luck with local plumbers who have all declined to work on the boiler (apparently because it's flueless :rolleyes: ).

Sponsored Links
If you check the 3 amp fused outlet fuse and then the 2 amp pcb fuse and both are good, the usually it is the pcb blown :cry:

Sponsored Links
Thanks gas4you! This may sound like a daft question, but is the PCB mounted inside the black plastic box underneath the pressure vessel? I had assumed it would be behind the control panel but that's obviously not the case.

Could you tell me where the two fuses are that you mention? By outlet fuse do you mean the fuse at the main socket (which is ok because I can here a valve or something opening/ closing when I turn the power on and off)?

I'm about to go on holiday for a couple of weeks at the end of this week... is the boiler safe to leave in this condition (should I power it off)?

Can anyone suggest how to find a good heating engineer to come and fix it?

Thanks again!

Id suggest a fixed price repir for your problem. The PCB isnt the cheapest and potentially there may be another issue that damaged the PCB.

Good tip... any recommendations for how to get someone reliable out reasonably quickly? BG have refused to touch the installation because there is a 6 foot length of enclosed flue with no access (as pretty much every other property in this new 1000+ home new development has). The two local guys I've tried refused to touch an unvented system full stop.

Call Ideal in for a fixed price repair. £210 or £220 depending where you live.

They will usually be out next day and a first time fix.

If all else fails turn off at the wall whilst you go away.

I know we think these are carp boilers, but there should be an abundance of gas engineers who could replace the pcb, but a local would probably charge around £310.

Help required please.

Have the same problem as the original poster jeremyf.

Can anyone give me any advice. The lcd control panel in blank, the programming panel is fine. The gas supply is fine, pressure is fine. The hot water / central heating does not fire up.

My wife said there was a slight smell of burnt rubber earlier this evening, but we cant be sure.

Wever had the bolier approx 2 1/2 years.

Thanks

Help required please.

Have the same problem as the original poster jeremyf.

Can anyone give me any advice. The lcd control panel in blank, the programming panel is fine. The gas supply is fine, pressure is fine. The hot water / central heating does not fire up.

My wife said there was a slight smell of burnt rubber earlier this evening, but we cant be sure.

Wever had the bolier approx 2 1/2 years.

Thanks

Don't take me as rude, but you'd be better of making a new posting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back