Istor HE260 - programmer set up help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new property that has a Istor HE260 boiler installed. I have the user guide and installing and services guide but (and it is probally just me) they don't appear to be written in the clearest of english.

I am trying to user the programmer set up but firstly there are parts of the display that don't appear to be referenced in the user guide, such as the smaller numbers to the right of the larger time numbers and also the R button below the HR button.

What I am trying to do is present the Central heating to certain times, or if I can't do that just reset to the built in default programme.

The user guide states that pressing 'day' flips between a selection of days, but does not say if you set the time per day or you set the times then assign it to certain days. In addition I choose the day select I want (Mon - Fri) and when I then pressed P which I assumed would show me the times for that select of days the tiny arrows representing the days in question jumped from Mon-Fri to Sat-Sun.

Does anybody else have this boiler and can point me in the direction of an easy to use set up?

Sponsored Links
I don't have this unit to play with but I'd just be careful the top slider controls are in the correct position for what you are doing.

for programming heating... the top left in Auto and the right one on the radiator symbol.

The smaller numbers in the display show "1" for Heating and "2" for DHW.

It's a guess but the "R" button may be a reset to the default programme settings.

Better take out BG cover with that boiler model!

The smaller number go up to around 16, not just the 1 and 2 for CH and DHW.
I figured the 'R' was for a reset but it would be nice if the user guide confirmed this like it does with the 'boiler controls' section of the user guide.

Is the HE260 know for having issues - hence the recommendation for BG cover?

Sponsored Links
The only good thi g about them is there is an immersion heater so you can still get hot water when the boiler is failed.

But so many installers don't bother to connect them. Better to check it while the boiler is still working!

Tony

My son has an istore and we managed to sort it out, so may be I can help.

There are two versions of the istore timer. The later version says 'itime' on the front of the timer; the older version doesn't say 'itime'.

Which version do you have?

Mine does not have 'itime' on it and appear to be identical to his one:
db_image.image
[/img]

there are parts of the display that don't appear to be referenced in the user guide, such as the smaller numbers to the right of the larger time numbers and also the R button below the HR button.
I agree that the R is not explained in the manual. I guess it means Reset, i.e set timer back to factory settings as given in the manual.

However the 1 and 2 are explained on the first line of Programmer Set-up. It also refers in various parts of the instuctions to '1' or '2' displaying or flashing.

The user guide states that pressing 'day' flips between a selection of days, but does not say if you set the time per day or you set the times then assign it to certain days. In addition I choose the day select I want (Mon - Fri) and when I then pressed P which I assumed would show me the times for that select of days the tiny arrows representing the days in question jumped from Mon-Fri to Sat-Sun.
You are not reading the instructions carefully enough.

To set the time and day.
  1. Move the right sliding switch to 'RUN'.
  2. Press the 'HR' and 'MIN' simultaneously for 2-3 seconds.
  3. Set the day button using the 'DAY' button.
  4. Set the time pressing the 'HR' and 'MIN' buttons.
Approximately 15 seconds after setting the time and day the display will automatically pick up the time of day (the colon between the hours and minutes will flash).

To set the CH programme.
  1. Set the right sliding switch to the radiator symbol.

Pressing the 'DAY' button allows the selection of:
    Mon - Sun Separate days
    Mon - Fri Inclusive
    Sat - Sun Inclusive
    Mon - Sat Inclusive
    Mon - Sun Inclusive
  2. Press the 'P' button to scroll through the ON and OFF times.
  3. Press the 'HR' and 'MIN' buttons to change any of the pre-set times.
  4. To save the desired times move the right sliding switch to RUN.
So you select the 'day' pattern, e.g Mon-Fri Inclusive, then select the times for those days. If you then want to do Sat -Sun Inclusive, you select it with the DAY button, then set the times. So if you want each day different, you have to select each day in turn the set the relevant times.

When you have finished set the RH switch to Run.

To set the DHW programme.
This is exactly the same as setting heating times except

1. Set the right sliding switch to the tap symbol.

Thanks D_Hailsham for the information, I tried it last night and it worked a treat.

The manual is definitely not clearly, for instance:
- page 2 refers to DHW, but it is only on page 3 that DHW is explained as DHW (although this one I all ready knew)
- R does refer to reset, this is explained on the boiler controls but not the timer controls
- 1 & 2 are explained but 1-16 are not explained, this is the number of on/off setting you can have

It helped to reset the timer control then refer to your notes and the user guide to get a feel for how the timer works.

Again many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back