Potterton EP2 setting up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using a Potterton EP6000 programmer for some 21 years for my CH system and replaced the 48volt relays when they slowly burnt out over the years, but now the membrane hardly works when pressing the buttons so purchased a new Potterton EP2.
Potterton EP2 plugged straight in and no problem setting the on and off times but cannot get to individual days so that the times run for Mon-Fri and separate times for Sat and Sun?
When slider is moved over to set all seven days appear on the top of the screen and I cannot just get to individual days of the week. Never had this problem on the old EP6000 as there was a button for each separate setting. Has anybody used the new EP2 as there is nothing on YouTube to see where I am going wrong?
Gone through the instruction sheet but it is not clear when or how to access just the individual days.

FlyingBrick

Sponsored Links
Thanks bazdaman

Read the instructions but still no luck in clearing out all the seven days of the week along the top of the screen.
Keep hitting the Yes button to go forward after the times have been set up but do not seem to get the actual day of the week to set up for Sat and Sun.

Will have another go later tonight but have left the on and off times for all seven days of the week. i.e. Mon to Sunday. Probably a simple press of the button to get days but nothing as obvious in the brief instructions compared with the EP6000 leaflet which went through the whole routine step by step.

Thanks again for the website page

FlyingBrick

The EP2 is a seven day programmer; there is no 5/2 day option. You set the times for day 1 then copy them to, say, days 2 to 5. Then you set the time for day 6 and copy it to day 7. You have complete flexibility.

See 3.3 to 3.9 in the manual. There is an error in 3.3, second line. It should read: Press CH to select Central heating times.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help D_Hailsham

To many years of the EP6000 with a button for every setting which was easy to select exactly what you want.

Will have another go now the Christmas holidays are over and the house is quite again. Really helpful.
What is amazing is that the old EP6000 kept the LED's on 24/7 slowly burning them out after the years had gone by and yet after some 21 years later they still have them on blasting out a blue light all over the room at night.

Would have thought that after use they would go out until a button was pressed to turn them on when needed. Will need to keep a spare set of LED's for this latest design.

Thanks Hailsham will try again, amazing how useful this website really is.

FlyingBrick

Did anyone fix this problem? Just got a 2nd hand Potterton EP2 to replace EP2002. Slots in fine, but can't program the days independently. When setting the on/off times, the screen shows all 5 weekdays at the top of the screen, so cant copy from one day to the next. If I press copy it shows the sat/sun weekend days. Is there a fix to this, or is it a faulty controller? Thanks

I've solved my own question! In the initial set up of the programmer, the installer can select a programmer option, based on the wiring and the type of system, pumped or gravity. If 1 is chosen, this gives 5 weekdays, and 2 weekend days. Option 2 gives separate days, and so on.
I had selected default option 1, so could not programme each day separately. The extra flexibility doesn't make a lot of difference, because I copied Mondays settings to the rest of the week anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back