Potterton EP2002 replacement, hopefully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Complete newbie to the DIYnot scene. Hopefully posting this correctly. I’ve hunted around for a few hours looking for someone who has this same problem to no avail. So looking for some advice.

Problem:
Current Potterton EP2002 programmer - CH, HW, slider for each. However only have the function to set shared times. Not able to set individual program for each. Does that sound about right? Is that normal?
Will a new Potterton ep2 allow me to set separate times for HW and CH??
and if so, will the current conductor terminations match?

Would be ever so grateful of any and all light that can be shed on this situation for me.

Photo attached for ref.

Thanks in advance
D

Attachments

• DC38D61B-DBCB-40B6-AF82-0A88E730CF5F.jpeg
    DC38D61B-DBCB-40B6-AF82-0A88E730CF5F.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 726
Sponsored Links
Hello and welcome to the forum.
As you have discovered you cannot set different times for the HW and CH they come on at the same time, that is how that programmer works.
The EP2 does allow for separate times and it is a straight swap, it just slots on to your existing backplate no need to alter any wiring.

There is a blue wire in terminal 1 i.e. HW off, so I'm assuming it's a Y plan so the OP should be able to do.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant.
Thanks for clarifying that I’m not as stupid as I look ;)
I wasn’t sure if I was going mad - as it seems like a bit of a mutant setup to not be able to set different times etc

So moving forward - from what you can see from the picture - what’s the general consensus? Would you safely assume that the current wiring will allow for the new programmer to do seperate times for HW and CH?
@Johnmdc - not sure what a Y plan is, but sounds promising? Lol. and obviously you know what you’re talking about. Would be very happy if it is as simple as changing the front and leaving the wiring as is!

Thanks thus far

A Y plan is a type of plumbing system that allows either the HW or the CH to work separately or both at the same time. It is controlled by a motorised valve that has 3 pipes connected to it. More often than not it is in your hot water cylinder cupboard.

Very insightful.
Thanks for the info.
You’ve been very kind to offer your advice.
Wish me luck, and thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back