Ideal ISTOR HE325 with a couple of questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ideal ISTOR HE325 fitted which i'm very happy with but have a couple of issues.

1) what showers to run off a boiler like this ? i currently have a thermostatic mixer shower but the pressure i get does not seem that great compared to the shower head on the bath taps. could anybody tell me if you can get mixer shower with greater flow ?

2) I seem to have a small leak in my pipe work somewhere as the pressure will drop over a period of a couple of weeks from 2bar down to 1bar. this must be under the floor boards on the ground floor as not getting any wet patches on the ceilings. I was wondering if i could run the boiler with the feed valves open to keep the pressure up as dont fancy ripping up all the carpets and flooring to find the drip.

thanks for any info

neil

Sponsored Links
First answer I would change my shower and also plumb it into the cold inlet to Istor as you will then have complete balanced hot and cold. There is a 2bar pressure reducing valve on the cold inlet to the boiler making both hot and cold from bottom of cylinder the same.

Second answer no way not in a million years, you will introduce fresh water into the system diluting inhibiter and causing corrosion. Get the leak fixed pronto!!

hello,

thanks for the answer, i am trying to understand your first answer.

do you mean i run the cold to the showeer straight from the mains inlet ?

thanks
neil

i wouldnt top ya sys pressure up to 2bar, try 1 - 1.5 bar and check the exspansion vessel is ok before ripping the floor up

Sponsored Links
just had a look at the gauge and the central heating running and the pressure is showing 2,0bar. is this correct ?

When rads are cold it should be around 1.2 Bar, when rads are hot it could rise to approx 2.0 Bar and it will be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back