Replacement for Ideal Istor 325HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son's house has an Istor HE325. It's beginning to cause problems and will probably need replacing fairly soon.

3 storey terrace house (built 2007)
4 bedrooms
Bath
Ensuite with shower
2 adults
4 children (5 to 14)

The boiler is in a cupboard on the top floor landing.

Knowing how much use the bath and shower get, I don't think a combi would be suitable.

Which make boiler and unvented cylinder would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
Unvented cylinder is depend on water main pressure and working pressure.

What your existing setup? Replace boiler is the better option.

Daniel.

The current system already has an unvented cylinder in the same case as the boiler

Unvented cylinder is depend on water main pressure and working pressure.

What your existing setup? Replace boiler is the better option.

Daniel.

An iStor is a combined boiler and unvented cylinder, a bit like a Glowworm Ultrapower or a Viessmann 222F

@D_Hailsham have you looked at the GW or Viessmann? GW is now discontinued but there are still a couple kicking around. Other than that, OSO Super Coil and an Intergas :D

Sponsored Links
Intergas with Unvented cylinder in hot water priority using the fl potential of the controls using standard heating components.

Unsurpassed simplicity, reliability and efficency.

Heating on OpenTherm.

Intergas with Unvented cylinder in hot water priority using the fl (full?) potential of the controls using standard heating components.
Yes, I had though about the Intergas, and possibly an Oso cylinder, as it has connections at the top.

I thought there was a compatibility problem with Intergas and Opentherm as the boiler supports a very limited set of OT parameters.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back