Ideal Logic 24 - condenser pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler. Water keeps dripping down the plastic condensate pipe when I have the central heating on.
I have taken the front of the boiler off and removed the condensate container/trap and poured coloured water down the condenser pipe to see if there are any obstructions or leaks. The water went straight down the pipe to the drain, so no obstructions, but the coloured water did not appear on the outside of the condensate pipe. The leak only appears when the heating is on.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
condese trap leaking ? ( the wiring to that boiler have a load of tape over them that doesnt look to good )

Sponsored Links
If its dry before the point you indicate either one of the glued joints have gone or the pipe/fittings cracked. The cover of this model also makes it room sealed, you shouldn't remove it.

It means only a competent person should remove the case on the boiler as it fitted with a seal and removal of this makes the boiler unsafe

The condensate removal system is considered part of the flue. Incorrectly installed could present a hazard. Get a pro to do it for your own safety.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back