vokera linea condensate problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed water dripping from beneath the boiler - and I presume its condensate as there is no condensate pipework fitted. All I can see beneath the boiler is a brass outlet - is this the prv terminal and should there be pipe work connected to the prv? The manual shows a plastic outlet for the condensate but this isnt obvious - any ideas as I need to connect the condensate pipe to the drain(not done by plumber).Be grateful for any pointers

Sponsored Links
don't you think you would have noticed the absence of a condensate pipe earlier if one was required but not present?

has the boiler only just been fitted? if i remember correctly on a vokera linea, the condense pipe is a black plastic tube, it should go into plastic waste pipe, not copper or brass. if it has been fitted recently with no condense pipe i suggest you call the person out imediatley and get him to sort it straight away, a condense is classed as part of a flue, if it terminates inside a property it can be classed as a i.d. situation, which he can be reported over. a prv would only be fitted to the cold inlet to the boiler.

Brass outlet will be the prv.

Condensate should be plastic. Why did the installer not connect it :confused:

We are talking about a Linea HE are we not?

Sponsored Links
I do not think Linea will have a condensate pipe because linea is not a condensing boiler.

I assume then that like you say DP the linea is not condensing and the HE model is,hence no condensate drain evident . if the pressure relief valve is the female brass coupling showing at the bottom of the boiler why is water dripping intermitently from here and should it not be piped away. Thanks for your views so far

linea HE has its condensate pipe on the far right side at the back and its plastic like all condensate pipework.

non HE lineas have the PRV pipe on the right at the front.

im guessing its the PRV or something else.

in a non condensing boiler then should the pressure relief outlet at the bottom be piped away say into the kitchen sink waste -at the moment there is no piping inplace -

in a non condensing boiler then should the pressure relief outlet at the bottom be piped away say into the kitchen sink waste -at the moment there is no piping inplace -

prv should be piped to outside.

Whats the actual difference between a Linea HE and a Syntesi ?

Tony

linea HE is an all new design band A boiler.

syntesi is one of those horrible cobbled together band B efforts made of a linea 735 with secondary HE slapped on the top.

They got the naming game wrong then!

When everyone else makes a Band B out of an existing boiler they just add HE like Suprima HE or Classic HE etc.

The syntesi should have been a good boiler but the secondary HE seems to get clogged very easily and be very difficult to clean.

Tony

it seems to have been stop gap betweeen the linea 735 and the linea HE, thankfully i rarely see the syntesi. the ones i do see are not all that unreliable though, just not a well thought out design.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back