Ideal Logic+ 30 - Constant NO WATER FLOW LOCKOUT

Sponsored Links
the boiler was free???? how so??

I assume something to do with the homecare contract and the fact that they could not source parts for the Ariston ...... which i hear is as bad as they come.

Hello,

We have fitted loads of Logic plus boilers since they came out and have had very few problems.

Only twice have we had to get Ideal out and both times it was on Low Flow Lock out.

They changed over faulty thermoistors. Your engineer can double check them by using his multi meter, it take minutes to check.

The boiler has a built in bypass so I while one should be fitted on the system it shouldnt effect the boiler if it doesnt.

I think we have fitted about 120 in the last 18 months and to be fair 2 call outs is not bad.

We fit around 100 Worcester boilers a year and have had Worcester out about 6 or 7 times last year.

I know they are not for everyone but I think they are great boilers.

Hello,

We have fitted loads of Logic plus boilers since they came out and have had very few problems.

Only twice have we had to get Ideal out and both times it was on Low Flow Lock out.

They changed over faulty thermoistors. Your engineer can double check them by using his multi meter, it take minutes to check.

The boiler has a built in bypass so I while one should be fitted on the system it shouldnt effect the boiler if it doesnt.

I think we have fitted about 120 in the last 18 months and to be fair 2 call outs is not bad.

We fit around 100 Worcester boilers a year and have had Worcester out about 6 or 7 times last year.

I know they are not for everyone but I think they are great boilers.

he was actuallly going to change the thermistors out but as i have said before the conclusion was the lack of a bypas was the issue. Shouldnt he have known it was built into the boiler?

It concerns me that the 2 faults you had appear to be the exact same issue as mine .... possibly .... perhaps a generic issue ?

something in the manual i also noticed was it aid to set the pressure to between 1 to 1.5 bar ...... mine sits at just under 2 bar ?

Sponsored Links
Page 9 of the MI says that an auto bypass MUST be fitted if all rads have TRVs.

The internal bypass is solely to protect the boiler from damage.

Its badly written but seems to be meant to say that if there is no TRV on one rad ( where the room stat is located ) then the output of that should be 10% of the total if no bypass is fitted.

Tony

Thats the first time I have heard of BG replacing a boiler free of charge.

Do you have any idea why they did that?

Usually it would only be when they failed to repair a reasonably modern boiler within a too long time.

Tony

Usually it would only be when they failed to repair a reasonably modern boiler within a too long time.

Tony

we have done loads on our patch but the customer has to pay to get the system up to current standards. never fitted a logic tho :rolleyes:

Yes, but what was the reason they provided new boilers free?

Tony

we have done loads on our patch but the customer has to pay to get the system up to current standards. never fitted a logic tho :rolleyes:

Any idea how much that would cost me?

1) System Bypass Valve - he reckoned an hours labour
2) Room Thermostat - no idea about this

I am beginning to wish I just let him change the thermistors now. I had just thought he was being a bit hasty but going from above it looks like replacing them resolved the issue on those other boilers.

The previous boiler ran fine within the system until it died so shouldnt it be that another boiler being fitted into the same system should also be fine?

Modern boilers have different requirements.

The way you have been using your system has been incorrect too. Hopefully you have now turned down the CH flow knob on the boiler.

You should also have an autobypass and a room stat.

I was seriously embarasssed by a three year old condensing Ariston. The fan burn itself out including the plug. I ordered the new fan last November at Parts Center. I checked with them three weeks later an they said they were still waiting. It still has not come and I am sure the customer has had someone else fit a new boiler by now.

Tony

Yes from what I have been told ariston parts are as easy to get as Jasons Golden Fleece.

Using it incorrectly ? i struggle to accept that tbh .... I have never seen in any manual instructing people not to have there radiators low etc. or do not operate the system at maximum ...... if it wasnt supposed to be used then it wouldnt have a max setting ?

So how much would each cost and is the auto bypass an instrumented/ actuated control valve ?

Is the consensus the boiler or system or operator error is the issue ?

I t sounds to me as an installation issue.

If you are unsure what to do then i would recommend a call to the manufacturer. But be aware you will be asked questions about the fault and if they send an engineer and its an installation fault then you may be charged for it.

At least one way or another you will find out if its a boiler, installation or user fault, if you book a visit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back