Ideal Logic Combi 24. It grunts!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Ideal Logic Combi 24

Running Strong, I am getting 70% of the hot water and Central Heating is fine and strong, however after about 90 seconds the boiler makes a Grunting Sound which appears to be coming from the mid to top of the boiler, this goes on for about 10-50 seconds and then L3 flashes. We can reset the boiler but I don't want to keep doing that.

Quite strange, I had a look at the L3 in the manual and so did the engineer, it indicates that this is 'water flow' issue but we are still finding it hard to pin point the fault.

Engineer says it sounds like the burner and the Secondary heat Exchanger (The secondary Heat exchanger has been cleaned as water flows through it fine).

The Pump has been replaced, The Fan has been replaced also.

has anyone come across this before?

Thanking you in advanced for any pointers.

Sonny

Sponsored Links
Are sure it says water flow issue?

Our Ideal logic 35 has on 2 occasions had to have the secondary heat exchanger replaced because of noise when running hot water. We did not get an error code & it sounded more like it had a jet engine inside rather than a grunting noise so it sounds like a different fault .But I thought I would let you know that the heat exchangers can cause noise problems

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back