Ideal logic Combi 30 any tips

Sponsored Links
I don't know what your problem is, but I am not a liar. That is what I was told, whether it was true or not I cannot say. I also cannot comment on, whether they would have fixed it or not but the first time it was done under warranty & the second time I paid. Neither time was dirty water in the system mentioned. Given that you were not involved in either of these repairs I would suggest you think twice before calling anyone a liar. I would also draw you attention to this http://idealboilers.com/installers/products/boiler-range which clearly states that the later models have stainless steel heat exchangers.
I think you will find that that is a completely different range of Ideal boiler called the Vogue not a Logic and was sold concurrently with the Logic. So not a new range at all, in fact I’ve had mine for 4years.
On the water quality thing you will see another gas service engineer has mentioned the same thing.
There is no way 3 main heat exchangers and 2 plate heat exchangers have been fitted without an underlying issue.
If that was on my area I would be looking into previous engineers visits to see if water quality was mentioned.
Never once called you a liar and I don’t have a problem.
In fact I love my job. (y);)

I don't know what your problem is, but I am not a liar. That is what I was told, whether it was true or not I cannot say. I also cannot comment on, whether they would have fixed it or not but the first time it was done under warranty & the second time I paid. Neither time was dirty water in the system mentioned. Given that you were not involved in either of these repairs I would suggest you think twice before calling anyone a liar. I would also draw you attention to this http://idealboilers.com/installers/products/boiler-range which clearly states that the later models have stainless steel heat exchangers.
Give me a job reference (should start 715.... and I could find out every visit to your property and the engineers report if you like. ;)

Sponsored Links
Shambolic, thank you for your offer which I will decline. As MikeCip says he may well have been referring to a different range of boilers but it was still an Ideal & the observations I made were from my experience. The first replacement under warranty was done because they could not find out what was causing a noise. The second because the heat exchanger had cracked & was leaking. Both secondary exchangers were replaced for noise problems with running the hot water & as I said no mention of a problem with the water in my sysyem was mentioned. Given that an external extra filter was fitted at installation I would not expect contamination of any sort to be a problem, though I will stand corrected on that if I am wrong. Sorry if I misinterpreted your statement as being an accusation.

I know this is over a month old now, but just thought I would add that I've had a second fault. This time the igniter unit had failed.

So that's two faults on a boiler that is two and a half years old. On the plus side, they came out next day again, so thumbs up for responsiveness, if not reliability.

Calm down, calm down, calm down...it's only a boiler.
All Logics, Logic plusses, and their variants have cast aluminium main heat exchangers, all combis have a stainless steel SECONDARY heat exchanger. Could it be your Ideal man was refering to a later model called the Ideal Vogue, which has a stainless steel main HEX? Maybe you only heard part of the context. I have experienced this myself when a customer rings to ask for a small (but irritating) job to be done. "I'll try to get there by the end of the week, if time allows", I say. By the end of the week I'm in trouble because he/she said that I'd promised to get there....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back