Ideal Logic Combit 24 Hot water no central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Combi 24 It is in a house I rent out. The tenant recently left and so when I went into tidy and get ready for new tenants I found that I could start the boiler and it supplied hot water on the winter setting but the radiators are completely cold. I cannot check with tenant if it was OK before( He has gone back to Libya) I have made sure all radiators are open . Any ideas for a remedy? There is no error message on the control panel.

Sponsored Links
I once had to charge a landlord £84 to show him the room thermostat which he was certain did not exist!

In that case it was in the hall behind the coats!

Do you have a room stat to turn up or a time clock to set to off, timed or always on ?

I am glad to hear your tenant has been able to go back to Libya. I worked there for a few months!

Tony

But there is a clock I thought I had it on 'always on' But would it have 3 positions ? It seems to have only two a slide between clock and the other position which I guess is 'always on'.
Thanks for you advice.

Most have three!

Always on, clock timed and always off !

I think that I can guess which yours is at !

Tony

Sponsored Links
The switch(slider) is within the arc of the clock. So I guess the end with a picture of the clock is clock timed , the other end will be always off and in between the two would be always on.
I will try that first thing in the morning along with the painting, wall repairs, tile grouting and general tidying up . Libyan tenant was doing Msc studies in Chemical engineering, his wife was not doing studies in house work and the four kids were definitely getting up to no good. So I have a lot to do.

Thanks again I will let you know what happened.

View media item 41422
If you are able to look closely at that one you will see that the picture of a clock is taken by a line to the central position! Clicking on the image will enlarge it.

So extreme ends are off and on and the middle is the timed position!

I tried the slider switch in all three positions without any effect. I reset the boiler and the burner indicator came on for 45 seconds and then went out. The display on the panel shows no fault it is O when off or clock off and C when on or clock on. I spoke to ideal who suggested it was an external control issue and that by law I should have a room stat fitted!
I guess I am going to have to pay someone like you to come and say " That knob there is turned the wrong way, That's £75 please."

I've got a similar problem except it's not with the thermostat, it's with the boiler, it's showing "O" on the display and we have hot water but no heating, I've tried everything I could think of with the timer and thermostat, the pressure is up, can't see what could be wrong with it, but there's just no heating coming through.

Last edited:
I've got a similar problem except it's not with the thermostat, it's on enboiler, it's showing "O" on the display and we have hot water but no heating, I've tried everything I could think of with the timer and thermostat, the pressure is up, can't see what could be wrong with it, but there's just no heating coming through.

Attachments

• th-3.jpeg
    th-3.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 851
I tried the slider switch in all three positions without any effect. I reset the boiler and the burner indicator came on for 45 seconds and then went out. The display on the panel shows no fault it is O when off or clock off and C when on or clock on. I spoke to ideal who suggested it was an external control issue and that by law I should have a room stat fitted!
I guess I am going to have to pay someone like you to come and say " That knob there is turned the wrong way, That's £75 please."
If you have a C then the clock is calling for CH and is working.
Check the isolating valves underneath are in the correct position as people turn of the heating flow or return by mistake when filling boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back