Ideal logic Heat15 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So system seemed to be playing up a little cycling on and off with occasional f2 or l2. I decided to drain down, add cleaner F3 and rand for 4 days, drained down ran through until clear and added F1. Approx a week has now passed and now boiler is pretty much non functional with F2 or L2 occuring. I have just changed the grundfoss pump to ensure its not a week pump. Now when you turn on the boiler it cycles as expected and will even fire up, unfortunately it runs for a few minuites (feed and return are not getting warm) and then it will shut down and will not restart until boiler is turned of at mains switch after a while it will repeat the exact procedure again.

Any ideas, I noted the water from the filter has got a little grotty after fitting brand new pump. I am pretty sure although a littly grubby the old pump was functioning ok.

My thoughts are perhaps an air lock, a partial block, or maybe the heat exchanger has become blocked. Proffesional oppinions welcome, to comclude if to call ideal in on the fixed price, scrap it, or am I missing something. ?

I am certain its not an ignitor or flame sensor worn or gone bad. The flue is not blocked, the condense pipe is not blocked. It is recieving gas ok or it wouldnt fire up and run for few minuites, yet no heat on the flow or return pipes from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
F2 & L2 usually point to flame loss for whatever reason.
You need a pro to find out why.
I am aware it is a flame loss fault code. I am relatively familiar with the boiler as I have seen Ideal & other engineers working on it over the years. There is very little inside and some of which the main parts have been changed including Valve, Burner, flame sensor, ignitor. What was weird is when Ideal serviced it last it was all running ok prior to service, then he struggled to get it to light after. It has been running fine since, until recently.

Last edited:
I am aware it is a flame loss fault code. I am relatively familiar with the boiler as I have seen Ideal & other engineers working on it over the years. There is very little inside and some of which the main parts have been changed including Valve, Burner, flame sensor, ignitor. What was weird is when Ideal serviced it last it was all running ok prior to service, then he struggled to get it to light after. It has been running fine since, until recently.
So your well aware that its a flame loss fault so you drained down the system cleaned it and change the pump .
Follow kidgreens advice before you waste more time and money

Sponsored Links
So your well aware that its a flame loss fault so you drained down the system cleaned it and change the pump .
Follow kidgreens advice before you waste more time and money
The problem came after system was cleaned, drained, and the inhibitor added. I thought the pump may have been weak prior, so changed that after, but it clearly wasnt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back