Ideal Logic L2 then F2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a strange one - ran the hot tap this morning, the boiler cut out and displayed L2.
I cleaned and checked the ignitor and the probe for continuity - all seemed fine.
Put everything back together and reset the boiler. Now when I turn on the hot tap half way, it heats the water up and functions as it should, however if I open the hot tap fully, the boiler will shut down again, this time displaying F2.
Has anyone come accross this before or have any idea what it may be?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your invaluable help. Given that I’m not a complete imbecile and am struggling financially, I don’t see it entirely unreasonable that I should try to sort the issue myself. I’m clearly not going to start “messing around” with the actual gas side of things.

Sponsored Links
I’m clearly not going to start “messing around” with the actual gas side of things.
As per @ianmcd - you already have, look up what is considered gas “work” and you’ll know where we’re coming from, I think People’s opinion is one of gas work is literally breaking into a gas line, but it’s a whole deal more than that.

I get you’re struggling financially, so are other people, it doesn’t mean you should put yourself and or others at risk.

I’m sure removing and replacing an ignitor is not considered gas work. Nor does it require me to be GSR to do so.

I’m sure removing and replacing an ignitor is not considered gas work. Nor does it require me to be GSR to do so.
Just taking the front of breaks the combustion seal. But you know that

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Then you should be UNSURE because you are completely wrong, stop messing around with it

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back