L2 error on Ideal Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My gas fitter repaired a leak on a radiator pipe.
Then the boiler started making very deep bassy noises and starting giving an F2 error.
I've asked him about the error and he said he doesn't know what it is maybe the wind.

I restarted the boiler a few times and then the F2 error disappeared and worked ok for a day.
This morning the tenant moved in and the boiler now gives an L2 error.

Any ideas? Very new boiler and British Gas has tested it and passed everything before.
I have cover with British Gas but the earliest appointment they give me is in 12 days!
My gas fitter said when he fixed the radiator he did not touch the gas.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
L2 means loss of flame , so check gas is turned on at the meter and it has credit if pre-pay and is actually on, anything else you cant sort yourself

F2 seems related to flame loss too, so could have been the gas running out on a prepayment meter as Ian suggests.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I watched a youtube video and fixed it. It was the siphon above the condensate pipe that was full with black sud.
I cleaned it as in this video:

and run the boiler, left it overnight, then switched it back on and voila!
All works fine.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back