Ideal Logic Plus - Water running warm then cold then warm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As the title suggests Ive got an ideal logic + 35kw boiler which is 4 years old. Just recently I was in the shower and I thought the water wasnt as warm as it useually is. Thinking its because the boiler is on summer mode I carried on and thought nothing of it.

But doing the washing up tonight its definitely got issues, running the hot tap gets warm at best and then cold and then warm. I checked the display and theres no messages I turned the boiler off and back on to see if this resolved it but it hasnt.

Any ideas if its something I could repair myself or do I need a heating engineer\tradey to sort it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll need a Gas Safe Registered engineer - you can't take the casing off these boilers yourself as it's the room sealing cover and should therefore only be removed by a GSR. Could be scale, a dodgy sensor, or a problem with the diverter valve

Thanks am I correct in thinking the diverter valve would only be an issue if the CH was on?

Sounds like a blocked heat exchanger. It is on the water section and you can do it yourself if that is the case. You can descale the heat X.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blocked heat exchanger. It is on the water section and you can do it yourself if that is the case. You can descale the heat X.
Really!? You're actually advising someone to remove the room sealing cover when they might not be competent to correctly refit it? Get out of here

I think Ive read about this before and someone said the fact its on the water side of the boiler rather than the gas side you don't need to be gas certified?

I would be keen to do it as I feel Im competent enough but given the fact it sounds like a quick \cheap job I'd probably get someone in to sort it.

I think Ive read about this before and someone said the fact its on the water side of the boiler rather than the gas side you don't need to be gas certified?

I would be keen to do it as I feel Im competent enough but given the fact it sounds like a quick \cheap job I'd probably get someone in to sort it.

It is on the water side, yes, but the water side is only accessible on this boiler by removing the room-sealing cover - a cover that should only be removed and refitted by a competent person, IE a GSR engineer

<Moderator's note>

This site does not permit posts advising on DIY gas repairs.

Last edited:
Dont forget to check around the seals with a callibrated analyser, for your safety (and your familys).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back