Ideal Logic+ Reversed pipe connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our engineer has fitted this for us and he appears to have piped it correctly. But we keep getting the FA fault code. If we fire up the boiler it seems that the return pipe gets immediately hot but the flow pipe stays cold. The boiler fires for 30 secs then we get the code FA. But looking on top the F pipe stays cold in those 30 secs but the return (if it is the return) gets hot. Hope someone can help. Our engineer seems baffled.
Bri

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well it was the original pump but I will put the suggestion to him. Thank you

I am beside myself now. Left with next to no hot water or heating. The engineers have been again. They phoned ideal. No air locks they say but it still won't work! Desperate for ideas if anyone has any. Thanks tho

Are all the valves definitely open between the boiler and pump and the rest of the circuit? So water can get all the way round. Is the pump spinning?
How far down did the return get hot, first 12 inches or several metres?

Hi John thanks for the reply. I don't know about the valves but hope he has checked that. The pump is spinning. There is less than a meter of return pipe reachable before it disappears upstairs so think he only checked what he could reach. Think he has given up on it. He put some cleaning fluid in and said let me know what happens! He still took more money off me tho!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back