ideal mexico cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can you tell me if i am correct that i have a faulty thermocoupler if my boiler cuts out after about five mins?.. cheers :!: hi, its a balanced flue nat draft burner stays on for five mins then cuts out its hard to light at first as well ! thanks for all your help everybody..

Sponsored Links
Possibly, along with a few other things.

If it hasn't been serviced recently then i'd advise to. Should cure most problems.

Is it an open flue or balanced flue?

when you say cut's out do you mean pilot light goes out?

Sam

edit that very silly reply, thats what happens when you watch tv at the same time!

Sounds more like overheat. Thermocouple would work or fail totally

Sponsored Links
It's probably the gas valve.
Just done one with same problem and if it was the thermocoupler it would go out straight away 99/100.

5 MINS off being on do you mean pilot on or pilot and main burner, could just be a partially blocked pilot.

namsag said:
5 MINS off being on do you mean pilot on or pilot and main burner, could just be a partially blocked pilot.

Hear hear for the service engineer!

A lot of engineers ignore the basics.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back