ideal mexico he24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came across an unusual flue arrangement today,it was fitted in a building I was visiting to change some trv's.It is a mexico he24,the flue comes out of the building into an alleyway with the boiler being situated where the flue would blow down the alleyway length-ways if it was a standard type flue.This flue however terminates as normal with regards to the inlet pipe(outer one),the flue outlet is about 6" longer through the wall,has an elbow on it pointing up,the flue outlet pipe goes up vertically for about 2 metres,another elbow and then a short piece of pipe with a 45 degree cut on the end,all the parts look like Ideal factory stuff,even the brackets holding the inner pipe as it goes up the wall.It has obviously been done to take poc up and out of the alleyway over a flat roof,but I have not seen this done before and cannot find any mention of it in the installation manual as a flue option.I am going to phone Ideal tech help tomorrow to find out if it is legit or wether someone has chopped it about to suit themselves as I suspect.Has anyone else seen similar?

Sponsored Links
This sounds like a standard pluming kit, available from many manufacturers.

As I don't fit Ideal boilers though, I cannot say whether they have this option or not.

Like this?

ideal-202008.gif

Thats the Ideal kit. (202008)

Sponsored Links
Yes lads that is exactly it,thanks for that,the end of the flue pipe has been cut at 45 degrees,it has no grill on the end as a standard fan flue would to stop entry of birds etc, so that will have to be sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back