Ideal mexico Super CF3/50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if any knowledgable person could explain the economics of the rating system on boilers.I have a floor mounted one of these ,looking at the ratings it looks like about 71.3% efficient.If my gas bill is say £500 a year how much would I save by buying a A rated boiler of the same make say at 90% ish.Im guessing the boiler would be about a £1000 plus fitting does it make sense to look into changing it,next year perhaps .Touch wood there is nothing wrong with my current boiler just not very efficient.

What im really looking for is how long would it take to recoup the money spent on the boiler to repay the lower gas bills

Sponsored Links
It would be more realistic to expect your old boiler is about 60% efficient if you were lucky. Those figures are for a brand new boiler totally clean.

Expect a saving of about 30% on gas and more if you have better controls fitted AND use them properly.

And think of what you are doing for the planet!

Tony

so I would be roughly saving about £150 a year on my gas bill .So over 10 years to payback what I would need to spend.ok thanks for the info

Sponsored Links
It does not really work to expect any payback from changing a boiler unless you gas consumption is fairly high like over £1000pa.

Your old boiler is very inefficient but it is reliable. Modern boilers have many more parts and are more finely tuned so need regular servicing and may have a repair costing about £250 every three years after the warranty period which can be five years on a Viessmann for example.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back