Ideal Mini C28 Boiler - Hot water is only luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Mini C28 combination boiler installed about 5 years ago, over the past couple of years the hot water produced by the boiler is only luke warm. If I reduce the flow rate at the tap to about 30% then the water gets quite hot, but the boiler keeps on cycling through shutting down and firing back up after a few seconds while the tap is at 30% flow.

If I open the hot water tap to full the boiler keeps on firing but the water temperature is reduced to luke warm. However the have been instances where I keep the hot water tap on full and the boiler would cycle through on and off while the HW tap is opened full.

I have noticed when the HW tap is fully opened and the boiler is firing, the flame to start off with is max and the the flame height reduces to about half way.

Could this problem be a faulty HW thermostat?

Many thanks
CMan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back