Ideal Mini C28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My Ideal Mini C28 is giving me trouble - DHW runs hot then cold then hot etc etc - I am getting used to doing the hokey kokey in the shower!
Occasionally it stops working altogether as pressure has dropped due to a leak from the bottom of the boiler - this is totally intermittent and can last for an hour or 3 days then not reoccur for weeks. I have a permanent bucket underneath it. My plumber has changed a seal? but has never witnessed the leak and according to him it is OK. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You need to get the leak fixed first, and without seeing where its leaking from its impossible to say.

How long has the boiler been leaking?

The leak is causing the pressure loss.

Is the hot water going hot and cold at all hot water taps and in the shower?

If hot and cold everywhere then you will most probably have a plate heat exchanger that is blocked

The hot water going hot and cold could be because the plate heat exchanger is blocked with system debris. If you have been re filling/ pressurising the system for a long time then this could be the reason for the Plate hex blocking up. The reason for this is because the inhibitor in your heating system will now be non exsistant and your system will now be corroding and the more fresh water you put into the system themore scale formation will take place.

If only hot and cold in the shower then your shower may not be mixing properly and your problem will lie there.

After the leak is fixed make sure that some inhibitor is put into the system.

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back