ideal mini heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an ideal mini c24,the hotwater is working fine but when i put the heating on the boiler ignites and runs 4 about 10 seconds then cuts out,i tried following the fault finding in the manual and this suggested changing the dhw flow switch which i done but this did not fix the problem,when i remove the wiring from the dhw flow switch the heating works fine but cuts out again when i re-connect it.

anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?

cheers dave

Sponsored Links
i have an ideal mini c24,the hotwater is working fine but when i put the heating on the boiler ignites and runs 4 about 10 seconds then cuts out,i tried following the fault finding in the manual and this suggested changing the dhw flow switch which i done but this did not fix the problem,when i remove the wiring from the dhw flow switch the heating works fine but cuts out again when i re-connect it.

anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?

cheers dave

Sounds like the diverter/cartridge/actuator, If you remove the GREY actuator from the valve body, can you push the spindle in with ease?

When u disco the hot water flow switch it's ok ?? u changed the HW flow switch ? this would be the plastic clip on switch with the red neon on it that indicates it is activated eg water flow ?

This switch is activated by a magnet that creates a circuit ( red neon on )
when a hot tap is turned on , is the red neon is on all the time ??

As pointed out the above , is not to clear , so is the red neon on the HW flow switch on , when a hot tap is not open ???

If you remove the GREY actuator from the valve body, can you push the spindle in with ease?
I wouldn't have said it would be "with ease"! It would hurt your finger. Ok if you use a short piece of pencil or similar.

when a hot tap is turned on , is the red neon is on all the time ??
Was that meant to ask if the neon is on when the tap is NOT on?

Sponsored Links
With ease as in if you push it with summit hard, it's spring loaded. Kinda like pushing a trv pin only harder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back