Ideal Mini S24 - no heat/water..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

I hope everyone is keeping safe.

I went to bath my little boy this morning to find there was no hot water.

I thought my igniter board in the S24 boiler had finally given up (it was hit or miss and sometimes needed a smack to get the boiler to ignite).

Swapped the board, fired the boiler up only to find it was still the same, no ignition.

great, flicked the dip switches to find an error code if (faulty primary circuit - no water or absence of flow)

When I activate the hot water, I hear the hive receiver click, the zone actuator move and the light shows on the boiler and there is the usual pump wurr/splashing noise which then stops, the green light continues to flash as normal to indicate its working. But nothing is happening.

water pressure was at 2.7 so I used the release valve behind the pump to drop pressure but it has continued to keep releasing water without me having it twisted, a small rate of flow but I can hear it dripping and watch the pressure gradually drop. Anyway, not to worried about that, I think it eventually stops.

Are there any tips or advice on things I can check to get this going? Is the pump dead?

thanks!!
Mark, smelly son and moaning missus!

Sponsored Links
After some more google searching, I have seen something about a flow switch.

should I see the pin come out to press the switch? Am I ok to unscrew the Philips screws to release the switxh casing and press it manually?

If this could be the problem that is

Pin should come out when pump is on and retract when off. Diaphragm split or dirt in sensing port. I believe the board has to sense the pin has started in and then out so just holding it in won’t work long term

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I removed the switch/casing and push the pin in and out, felt stuck initially.
Manually got it working by pressing the switch myself, reassembled and now working spot on!

thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back