IDEAL Push fit connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen these on screwfix and they look good with good reviews.

I'm putting some downlights in, and the exiting rose wiring comes through a very small hole on the side of the joist, so 'ideally' I don't want to cut a big hole to get a standard juntion box into the ceiling void, thus these little things look just right.

Can't see anywhere though if they can be used 'stand alone', i.e. not inside an enclosure (wagobox) ???

The floor void is uninsulated, also I don't want to take up the flooring above to gain access.

thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I have never used Ideal connectors, but they appear to be similar to Wago (I see they also are selling those horrible wire nuts :( )
http://www.screwfix.com/p/ideal-twister-lt-340-twist-on-wire-connectors-pack-of-100/85465 .

But I digress. Any connections must be inside an enclosure and all cables entering the enclosure must have strain relief provided by the enclosure's design.
Alternative strain relief - the cables and the enclosure can be fixed to backgrounds.

So you'll also need an enclosure, I don't see one in the ideal range, so may be Wago. But then, why not use Wago connectors too? Up to you…….

I have never used Ideal connectors, but they appear to be similar to Wago (I see they also are selling those horrible wire nuts :( )
http://www.screwfix.com/p/ideal-twister-lt-340-twist-on-wire-connectors-pack-of-100/85465 .

But I digress. Any connections must be inside an enclosure and all cables entering the enclosure must have strain relief provided by the enclosure's design.
Alternative strain relief - the cables and the enclosure can be fixed to backgrounds.

So you'll also need an enclosure, I don't see one in the ideal range, so may be Wago. But then, why not use Wago connectors too? Up to you…….

thanks, if a jobs worth doing.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back