ideal response combi

J

just-thinking

does any one have any ideas at where water is coming from.approx an egg cup of water will build up in combustion chamber every 2 weeks like clock work.this shorts out electrodes and goes off with a bang..
1.we have established that it happens even if no rain.
2.flue is angled down so any condense will fall away.to outside.
3.no water dripping on top of boiler.
4.aav is not leaking.

thanks

Sponsored Links
'Fraid some Response heat exchangers DO leak. It's an expensive horrible job to change the h/e too. I haven't heard of anyone managing to stop one doing it any other way, either, though usually the water just evaporates.

You need a new boiler, though you have probably got the smallest combi ever made so I hope it isn't in a cupboard.

sounds like a hairline crack or a pin hole in heat exchanger,its my neighbours boiler and he has had no faults or service in 6 years he only tops up pressure,so i will tell him to cut his loss and fit a new boiler.

thanks for reply.[/i]

What size Response is it?
I have a couple lying around.

Sponsored Links
thanks bdl.i ve told the old git next door the only repair i can do is a boiler exchange.kind of got used to the shot gun sound from his flue,but crime has dropped in this area,may be i should tell him loud bang noise is correct for this type of boiler....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back