Ideal Standard Cistern - Float Valve & Quiet Fill Tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can any one tell me the name of the actual manufacturer who makes the float valves for the current Ideal Standard cisterns ?

The valve is a quiet fill type i.e. the water runs into the bottom of the cistern via a clear plastic tube.

When the cistern is filling should water actually flow through the top of the valve assembly ? The water seems to dribble in through the top - see blue arrow in picture called Float Valve.

As for the actual Quiet Fill Tube I noticed that water dribbles into the cister though the rear of the tube - see red arrow in picture called Quiet Float Valve - Is this a fault ?

As for the flow restrictor - circled in green - is there only one type for the Ideal Standard cisterns for mains water pressure ?

Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
call to the plumers and get a torbek float valve that will fit in its place

I have looked inside several Ideal Standard cisterns and found the same results.

Is this a design fault with the Ideal Standard system or it this normal ?

its probably poor design. expensive sanitary ware with poor fittings, pretty normal considering you get screwed by just about everybody else.
Anyway, rant over, go to plumbers merchant and as apb says buy a "Bottom entry torbek quiet fill valve", wont be more than around £17.
Job done

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back