ideal turbo 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone please help.

I have a ideal turbo 2 boiler. It has four lights on it in vertical direction. starting from the top.
light 1 = boiler ON
light 2 = air pressure OK
light 3 = burner ON
light 4 = overheat
when I turn the heating or hotwater on. lights 1 and 2 come on. However, burner light flashes on and off and there is no hot water or heating.

Any ideas what could be playing up here?

thanks in advance for taking the trouble to reply

Sponsored Links
Chris R

I may end up calling the Corg bloke. However, it would be nice to get some insight to what could possibly be wrong with the damn thing.
The pilot light comes on, but the burner doesn't.
Previously I had this problem, a corgi bloke changed the pump. I have just replaced the pump following some guidance given on this site. The pump direction is correct because I took note of it before I took the old one out.
The old pump was MultiheadII. The new pump is Grundfos super selectric. But unfortunately the problem is still there.
Strange thing is the problem is not consistant. The heating come on once in a blue moon.
Please offer further assistance if possible.

Sponsored Links
COUld be gas valve, or bad pilot condition too. Ditto!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back