Ideas for a light in a room with no light from ceiling? ie wireless light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am looking for ideas for a light in a small room where there is no light. I bought one of those battery operated lights but they just are not bright enough. I do not want to fit a light etc into the small box room but want a decent bright light of some sort to go up on the ceiling, dont want a lamp but want something I can fit on the ceiling that does not have wires hanging down ie a Wireless Remote-Controlled LED Lights etc? any ideas?

Sponsored Links
something I can fit on the ceiling that does not have wires hanging down

Unless the lamp has integral batteries it will have to have wires connecting it to it's source of power.

A lamp can be designed to have power transmitted to it "wirelessly" but that would make the room very hazardous to the health of anyone in the room.

Thanks, need something thats as bright as a regular house light.

Portable 10W LED Floodlight with a Battery

Maybe something like this, maybe with a inbuilt rechargeable battery?

Does the room have an electric socket in it?

Has it previously had electric light?

Sponsored Links
Yep the room does have an electric socket in. It did use to have a electric light but no longer and I dont want to reinstall an electric light.

Not sure how someone asking for recomendations about lighting a room which does not have a light in would be a joke? I also need it to light up the loft/garage.

Ive heard LED lights give out far more brightness on a much smaller wattage? do you think a 10watt would light up a small room or a loft?

I was looking at this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeab...ZN2X/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

But its a focused light which I dont want, I want it to illuminate a room so not sure what the opposite of a "focused" light would be?

so that rules out battery lamps and mains lamps.

Yes but I think the one I had was a really rubbish one so maybe theres a better and brighter one out there. Just need suggestions on what? something that is not focused and is powerful.

s-l1600.jpg

Yes but as I mentioned in opening thread "dont want a lamp ........*something* that does not have wires hanging down ie a Wireless Remote-Controlled LED Lights etc? any ideas?"

What would a None Focused light be called? I guess just unfocused.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back