Ideas for new guttering and maybe facia boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Well im at the stage of changing the guttering due to having a new conservatory at dwarf wall stage so thought it would be good to get the guttering changed before the conservatory goes up its already going to change the position of the downpipe anyway, so my question is looking at the pics is it easy to add facia boards to cover the wood beams with what i got in position, or shall i just change the guttering and leave the wood exposed maybe just dont know how far to go really.

Could anyone give me a quick run down on were i would fit the boards for example do the underside fix striaght to the house wall? then the uprights fit to the wooden roof beams maybe.

DSCF4333.jpg

DSCF4332.jpg

Thanks alot for your time in reading this.

Lee

Sponsored Links
I would change the lot to plastic while you have chance. See if you can slip the window installer a drink to change it while he is there.

Ok cheers Bahco, first of all you aint going to beilve this but im in Wolves too :LOL: and im not scared of having ago myself infact ive done all the conservatory myself up to yet walls the lot just not sure how to tackle the boarding the guttering i done before on my shed so half way there ;)

Sponsored Links
bloody awful picture :confused: have you got rafter feet with a wooden board over them @ the top - painted/stained brown - leave it and run new gutter without a join if you can get a long enough length :idea: . You don`t want a leaking joint over a cons . also consider a roof guard to stop balls/ leaves rolling down onto cons. roof - If that`s likely ;)

Hi Nige F,

Thanks for the tips there, yes your right its as you have described so might just do the guttering then cheers ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back