Ideas needed for new build extension please

Hi, the kitchen diner is not too bad but would love to extend with bifolds and skylights.

Here are the internal plans.. Ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Are you drunk Doggit

No, I just look at things differently, that's all. And unlike you, I'm not rude and intolerant. This is supposed to be a discussion forum where different ideas are exchanged, not a put down those who disagree with you site.

Looking at the plans, if you were to keep the kitchen on the left side of the property, extending out the back of that would end up creating a narrowing corridor style room, and turning it round the back, would mean extending too far out the back. I don't know if you could get the builders to completely reverse the house, otherwise you'd be creating a narrow living room, which might be okay for you, as you'd then be creating a large family room by extending out the rear on the right. I'd also be inclined to set the bifold doors pointing to the house on the left rather than to the new rear extension

Sponsored Links
PMSL Mr Barratt I wonder if you could just adjust your whole build programme, get your architects to whack in an amendment to the planning application and do some Regs drawings! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You forgot ... and hold up the whole build schedule while the planning and building regs are applied for (and which they might not get), and then find that the buyers of next door pull out because of the extension blocking their view. Or everyone then wants an extension, a porch, a conservatory, a loft conversion, a through lounge, and a ......

After all if "they're a reasonable company, then they can do anything, as they are supposed to be builders, so that's you're first warning sign."

Thanks for all your inputs, I would really appreciate ideas on extension options for when the house is built, I do not expect the developer to make structural alternations (as they wont).

All ideas welcome and I'll ignore personal comments about forum numbers as they do not interest me.

Thanks in advance.

What are the 2 cupboards in the hall? Where is the chimney seen in the birdseye?

How big an extension do you want?

All ideas welcome and I'll ignore personal comments about forum numbers as they do not interest me.

Oh sorry m'lud.

What about a three sided Sip build with cantilevered roof canopy and Victorian lantern?

And FMT has smelly feet.

2 cupboards are a general storage one and for a washing machine / dryer.

The chiminey is for show only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back