Ideas needed

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Just bought a house that's in fairly good nick but needs a bit of decorating. So, I have a downstairs living room with an open plan staircase up to the landing, I don't mind stripping the wallpaper off in the living room but it carries on up the stairs and onto the landing, I can live with the wallpaper being up there but in a bit of a dilemma as to how to split the upstairs and downstairs somewhere along the stair case, someone suggested striking a level line from the landing floor over to the bulkhead and fitting a dado rail or a small shelf, everything below which would be half the stairs and the living room would get painted, everything above would remain wallpapered, is that the only solution or do you decorators have any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
You're better off with plain painted walls in these circumstances, taken all the way up and through. The shelf/dado rail method is fairly standard, but it still looks odd with a wallpaper change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back