Ideas on painting a bath / shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have removed the top of my bath to create a shower base

I need to paint it or at least change its colour

I see there are kits which include every individual item you would use including sandpaper and face masks. However, i don't need to buy all those again

It seems the kits uses paint with a hardener. Exactly what paint i need i'm not sure

I don't mind how i cover the original green. What about rubber paint?

I see you can buy rubber sheeting. I wonder if that could be molded to the shape?

Oh, i'm expecting replies such as paiting ceramic won't work, buy a shower tray etc

Ok thanks, but i would like to hear things which might work!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
What's the bath made of - I assume plastic. Then you can get paint and plasticisers from an automotive spray store, then spray it . You can even get aerosol cans filled @ the stores:notworthy:

Sorry i should have said, it is a ceramic glad iron bath

I have changed my plans now. I couldn't convince myself of a suitable paint so i have bought a second hand white bath and will be cutting that

James

Sponsored Links
Simpler + purpose built = expensive

I want a longer than standard tray and they are expensive

This method has now cost me £25 for a second hand bath

It is not particularly complicated :)

The bath is covered with vitreous enamel ( glass ) and if it's steel it will cut but the enamel will chip away, more so if it's cast iron.:notworthy:

Please can we see some pics? This seems to be an ingenious and unique project and I for one would like to see the awesome finished result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back