Ideas required to stop people Peeing up my front gate

Bob writes from his hospital bed, as he was beaten up by a bunch of drunks prior to them burning down his house.

Sponsored Links
Gcol meant a picture of the site, ie where it's happening.

You have to ask yourself why they are choosing to pee down your path in particular. A picture would help us see the problem area and maybe we could suggest ways of deterring them. Eg, if you have very tall bushes (no smart comments, folks!) or hedges, then maybe cutting them down or reducing their height may help.

p3263934_l.jpg
110_F_579724_10sgymaNgym5kXzHi2gUnaOKdwE2C8.jpg

Get a motion sensor thing and rig up a tape of a doberman barking noisily - cheaper than buying all that dog food! A light as well would be even better.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you ideas, here's a photo of the area they are doing it, I'm thinking about moving the gate closer to the fron of the house as a possible solution.

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

Yours is the gate at the top of the steps? I think the cause is that you have a 3/4 enclosed nook like a cubicle, out of sight from passers-by.

I reckon you need an open steel gate right at the pavement. It would have to be raised up enough to open inwards without hitting the steps. Or perhaps it could swing back against the return wall.

That door should go, as it gives visual privacy and cuts the wind down.

Additionally try a bright light on a PIR (facing down so it does not dazzle people driving past) high enough to be difficult to vandalise.

That wall looks a bit out of place. And is it bit bent ? ,

Could it be removed or lowered to just above the steps as far as the gate.

Emoving it would remove the cubicle. You would have to speak the council about planning etc. Removing it might improve the appearance of the area and if it is weak ( or un-stable ) then it could ba a hazard that is better removed for safety.

I remember that wall i was sick as a dog all over it last saturday night, then i decided to wash it off and dropped mi zip, its a cracking sat night pee spot tho if i where you i would put a coin donation tin on the wall.

BOB D.O.L.E said:
The best way to deal with this problem as i had the same problem is to connect a long hose pipe from an outside tap and rig it up over the offending wall and when yea see the bas.tads urinating on yea wall give it some stick, i had a security light and a small cam riged up it was one of my favorite pass times on a saturday night great laugh try it, it is fun to watch when the drunk gets a taste of clean water over is block head.

I did similar, not with someone peeing, but had a spate of little oiks playing knock down ginger night after night, and silly little bu55ers always at the same time give or take 10 mins.
So I laid in wait behind the garden gate, with a long hose in my hand waiting for the little rascals to knock on my door.

Yup, they didnt let me down, and I let go with the water and drenched the little darlings, I laughed so much I nearly had a little accident myself.

They stopped for weeks afterwards, but then they came back, so I made a point of setting up the video camera on my window sill in the front bedroom, as I saw one of kids playing out, so I took my time setting it up so he could see what I was doing.

He must have told his mates, as I never had any bother again.

Set up a camera, develop the pics, and paste them on bus stop windows, phone boxes, on walls, lamp posts etc, word will get around that they cant take the P out of you. :D

The wall belongs to next door, I have tried every trick in the book to get him to chop off the end of it, including

It's wonky, it's gonna fall down if it's not repaired, how about leaving the end bit off.

It will make it easier for you to park your car with the last 2 foot taken off.

It'll improove your view of the road

KNOCK IT DOWN, I'M FED UP WITH TO55ERS PI55ING OVER MY GATE.

Each time it's a NO !!!!

I am seriously considering moving the gate though.
There is also a Camera right above the gate, They can all see it.

Have an informal chat with your council, environmental health department, as this misuse of your property could be construed as a health hazard to other pedestrians and young children. They may be able to help with having the wall reduced in height.

could you possible move the gate to the bottom of the stairs, then they would be peeing in the street, which I think is a criminal offence ???? :confused:

also put the security light right above the gate, so when they approach it blinds them..................

Paint the door black (black is seen as psychologically intimidating) then try one of these:

Get an artist (or someone who can paint realistic looking faces) on the door at head height. To the peeing person, it will look as though someone is staring at them.

Fix an acrylic coated photo of a man on the door. Arnold Schwarzenegger would do.

Fix an acrylic-coated picture of a glamorous woman on the door. No-one would pee all over Kristin Scott-Thomas.

I mentioned this to friend and he suggested putting a loo chain for them to pull after using the facility. :mad:

Now whether that should empty a can of water onto the steps to flush away the mess is up to you. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back