Identify Blocked Drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my outside drains appears to be blocked, I will be having a go at unblocking it but would like to have an idea of what the exits will be like from the chamber. I can't find any pictures which look like it, it has a large section which is removable and a smaller section which appears fixed, the smaller section seems to lead to a smaller seperate chamber. It's made by OSMA. Any clues as to what it is and where it goes?
Thanks

ps can't seem to add an image to this message so one added to my images under the album drain.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Well I can't be sure, but it might be a bottle trap.
You need to get the grills off and move the pipes out of the way, then just stick your hand in, scoop out the gloop and keep going until you get to the bottom (say 400mm).
If you can feel a slight lip around the bottom, get your fingers under it and lift out the cylindrical sleeve. You'll see the outlet pipe then. Give it all a good clean, put the sleeve back in and all should be fine.
If its not a bottle trap, you'll still need to scoop out the gloop and find out.
Enjoy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back