Identify system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm trying to understand my mother's heating.
Pics below.
Boiler is a Potterton Netaheat, valve is mid position, thermostat on tank, room thermostat and new siemens programmer.
Thing is, the new programmer was a plug in replacement for and old Honeywell which was set to hot water, or heating and hot water only. The new one was set with dip switches to same arrangement.
However, if this is (as i think it might be) a fully pumped system, should i be able to set the programmer to just hot water, or heating, or both independently?
As far as i can tell, the mid position valve seems to be always in the same position at present.
Any thoughts gratefully received. Thanks, Neil.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is a fully pumped system. The duplicating of the previous setup is limiting the full function of the system as you rightly suspect. reconfiguring the dip switches will enable independent use of heating and hot water, or both together, also recheck functional flow of wiring after any dip switch alteration.

The open vent should still vent the central heating loop in C/htg only mode, but check for any differences anyway.

After reconfiguration and set on hot water only, you should see only port B open to the cylinder. On c/htg only setting you should see only valve port A open to c/htg loop.

Both outlet ports A and B will be open and valve in mid position when both systems are on demand and controlled via their respective thermostats.

Sponsored Links
Thanks MrTherm.
I'll reset the programmer and check the valve positions.
All the best, Neil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back