Identify this radiator part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak from a radiator. Its not much but on examination there is small drops dripping from the TRV. I dont know much about radiators or the part names, so can someone identify this part for me.

If you take off the plastic bit that you turn (marked 1-5) you are left with a small nipple(?) sticking out and this is where it leaks from. You can unscrew this bit and take it off. Its about an inch long and screws into the TRV. Its basically the bit that controls the temperature. ie when you turn the plastic knob with heat settings 1-5 it pushes this nipple thing.

Anyway
What is it called?
Can I buy this part separately.
Any more info I need to get hold of it (Maker seems to be Danfoss - checked their site cant see much)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There should be a nut (where the pin is)which need to be tighten up a little to seal the water leak but not too tight as it will stop the pin operating.

Not sure what you mean Mansona. There isn't a nut there. Maybe I havent explained it properly. I can take this bit off the valve and transfer to another radiator and it still leaks in the other radiator. Its made of brass I think and leaks past the pin with the pin pressed in or not.

It's a Gland Seal Assembly. They are available from the Danfoss website:

Danfoss Randall Ltd
Ampthill Rd
Bedford Bedfordshire
MK42 9ER

Tel: 01234 364621

http://www.danfoss-randall.co.uk

Follow the TRVs link, then search for 'Gland Seal'. On the page that follows click 'Replacement Sensors' followed by 'Specifications'.
It will most likely be the RAV or RAV-L type of valve. One has a fat pin the other a thin pin. The fat one is about the diameter of the plastic tube in a bic biro refill. I think the RAV is the older, fat pin type of valve.

Sifu

Sponsored Links
Normally the pin is in the centre of the nut , if not see sifu note.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back