Identify this type of Cabinet Hinge - from Ikea Ivar Door set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
I know there are a lot of general questions about hinges, but I am trying to track down this type of hinge.

I have a large set of Ikea Ivar shelves and wish to add doors to them, but I don't like the doors they do and want to make my own to suit my house. The reason is the frame is quite thin, and therefore being able to fix the inner face is a good idea, and these match with the shelf pin holes in the frame.

Can anyone identify this type of hinge and more importantly where to get them?

Or a suitable alternative? Happy for suggestions.

I have clipped two pics from the Ikea instructions to show the hinge...

Thanks
Dave

PS - Ikea doesn't sell these hinges at present.
Ivar Door Hinge 2.PNG
Ivar Door Hinge.PNG

Sponsored Links
Have you tried Ikea customer services? If they provide them in an item of furniture I would be surprised if they don't provide spares.

Have you tried eBay?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I will give eBay ago but wasn’t sure what to search for. I have tried Ivar hinges but only come up with other ones for a cabinet.

as I need about a dozen I do t think IKEA will send me some especially as they don’t sell the hinges by themselves.

thanks for your interest

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Stavino - the part that is difficult to track down is the 10051023 which is the part that fits the frame - rear mounted.

The issue is that Ikea does not sell this version of the hinge and their service dept only want to issue spared - as stated I need about a dozen, and that's a bit much for them - they may send one or two, but that's it.

I have looked on eBay and tried google but the ref number only comes back to Ikea... so not getting very far. I can't believe this piece is unique to Ikea, this must have been around before now.... or maybe not.

Thanks again for any comments

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back