Identify upvc profile.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large 'pair' of french doors which have no glass or rubber seals.
I'm trying to identify the profile so I can find the correct rubber seal and glazing thickness.

I've made a reasonable - although incomplete - drawing of the profile and a couple of photos which might help.

I know little about rubber seals except that it appears that most are of a few basic designs.

Can anyone help identify the seal or point me to somewhere I can find out?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Looks like all you need is a wedge gasket, put the glass in put the beads on and measure how thick the gap is between the glass and the frame, order wedge gasket, push it in ..done

Thanks, I didn't know they were called wedge gaskets!
Half the problem is don't have the glass so I can't measure the gap (and vice versa). It looks to be a total gap of about 34mm. Is that likely to be a 16mm spacer, two 6mm panes and a 6mm gasket?

I have no idea but want to order over the phone (my nephew can source me cheap glazing).

Sponsored Links
That reminds me, I could find nothing on the doors but the frame has this wriiten on it:

REHAU V45 00/11/12 (17:42) 3 RAU PVC BSI 7413 (1991)

I got in touch with Rehau and they directed me to an installer but I've had no response. I can't find any data sheets or even a basic picture of what shape the seal is.

Any tips on locating the right or compatable seal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back