Identifying alarm manufacturer

Sponsored Links
It's a Gardtec panel. The specific model could be one of a few, it's not possible to tell just from the keypad, although the programming is broadly similar. I'd hazard a guess it's one of the smaller 300 series (possibly a 370) Can you post a picture of the main control panel? It'll be a blank plastic or metal box probably under the stairs, in a built in cupboard, in the airing cupboard, loft or garage.

No problem! Yep, that looks like a Gardtec 370 panel. The PIR and the bell box are also from the same company. Generally quite good and reliable kit if installed and serviced correctly.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, again, Scott, very useful info.

The system is in a property owned by an elderly couple and had been installed prior to their property purchase – I guess it is about 10 years old. It has worked well up until recently when a late-night powercut caused the alarm to go off and was not stopped until it could be switched off at the panel. We expect that this is a result of the system battery requiring replacement. Therefore we wish to establish the system manufacturer/model in order that we can download some instructions (which were never provided) and obtain a new battery.

The details that you can see on the bell-box refer to a company that seems to have disappeared off the map fairly recently The couple had a service engineer attend a couple of years ago and he actually did replace the battery but my friend seems to reckon that the battery looked like a ‘used’ item so would sooner carry out this task himself, if possible.

Cheers, Scott. ;)

Batteries should be replaced every 4 years or when they fail a load test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back