Identifying tap insert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone identify the tap insert in this photo? The company it was bought from don't stock it any more, and don't know where it came from.

The metal spacer and rubber washer at the bottom are supposed to be held on by a central rod that screws into the main body of the tap insert, but the rod unscrewed itself and probably went down the plughole, as I can't find it inside the tap. This tap insert goes into a bath mixer tap, and I really don't want to have to replace the whole mixer unit, as I'll be ripping it all out in a couple of years' time, and it would be so much easier just to put in a new insert, if I can find one.

Please tell me if you know what make and model this is or, even better, where I can get one.

Alternatively, just the metal rod that holds all the pieces together would be fine.

Sponsored Links
Impossible to tell you the manufacturers part number if you do not know make/model of the tap.
The part is a tap head and by your explanation it's the spindle that gone missing.

You should take to a local merchants, they may have a generic one with the same dimensions.

You should take to a local merchants, they may have a generic one with the same dimensions.

Yeah, I tried that. I took it to the place it was bought from - according to a local plumber, are the only local company with any chance of having something like this. They didn't have any or know who makes it. They suggested Methven/Deva, so I emailed Methven with a photo but they said it's not one of theirs.

I've also extensively searched online plumbing stores, google image etc.

My post to this forum is a last attempt to identify this part before I get the whole mixer tap unit replaced.

Sponsored Links
It LOOKS like a plain ordinary one which a standard universal kit will fit. The big brass part at the bottom is like a very thick washer/spacer, which most of them have in as an optional part.
You could try a search through the pictures at Lunn's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back