IE 7

Sponsored Links
I thort it ok, except there is a known problem using it with BT broadband, so I uninstalled

guess what i have got.

yep. BT broad band, as i havent downloaded it, what does it do "wrong"

Seems Ok to me. Claims to be more secure. Takes a bit of time to get used to the toolbar and stuff.

Sponsored Links
The problem is an issue with the BT broadband software rather than the BT connection, so if you havnt installed the software you should be fine, I imagine there will have to be a fix for it soon as no doubt in the near future windows security updates will be only available to IE7 users, same way they did it from 4,5,6... (pure speculation on my part of course!)
As for your original question, much better to use than 6, has some features of firefox and best of all, doesnt seem to crash when opening a large PDF!

breezer said:
guess what i have got.

yep. BT broad band, as i havent downloaded it, what does it do "wrong"

Breezer, to a google on 'ie7 conflict bt broadband', there is quite a lot written. It works but there is nothing worse that getting error messages.

BtB and IE7 work ok on my old box...
I recently installed IE7 through 'M$ updates'. Then there was a 'BtB help' update followed by an update for the their browser 'shell' ... 'Help about' shows IE7 underpinning the shell - if that is what it is called.
:cool:

!E7 allows tab browsing so you can look at many websites through one instance of IE7 rather than having to open multiple copies like you would with IE6.

I have used it for a while now and after you get used to it (They have moved some of the items around on the top of the screen) it is probably slightly better.

I have a BT landline but connect through tiscali.

I found that IE7 prevented me from logging in as admin to the home hub preventing me from changing the wireless LAN settings. I had to download firefox and configure the hub through that instead.

(This was after I had spent about 1hr downloading and installing patches and updates connected by mistake to some numpty who had an unsecured network in my area :oops: ).

I have since found that I cannot use the BT connection manager now I am using WPA rather than WEP. Same connection settings work fine through the ra-link connection utility that came packaged with the laptop. Will play with it again tonight but may well end up uninstallnig some of the BT connection software.

I havent used my puter all week an when booting up before it installed ,

Im just getting used to the interface now ,

I find pages take awhile to load with the antiphishing feature on mind ..

I will have to have a good play around with it for awhile ..I may go with firefox though TBH :)

I have since found that I cannot use the BT connection manager now I am using WPA rather than WEP. Same connection settings work fine through the ra-link connection utility that came packaged with the laptop. Will play with it again tonight but may well end up uninstallnig some of the BT connection software
WPA is what you ought to be using anyway.
It has been meniotned on here and other places that BT software has issues with IE7 (or the other way round, whatever), I dont see why you need it anyway.
I've been using it and had no problems, I also use firefox but lately I have had issues with FF, certain links wont download but just open in a blank window, wont copy to clipboard on several occasions. The aparatn security built into IE7 doesnt seem to work too well (Have many customers still getting full of spyware/adware etc on IE7 and I have reverted some back to FF for this reason)

mate came round today, i happend to mention it to him, he said he read about it in some mag, its the bt software that is the problem there is a fix for it, when he finds it he will email me the link, when he does i will post it here

Since I have downloaded IE7, I now don't appear to have a padlock showing that a site is secure. I still have a 's' in the command line. Has anyone else found this?

Sponsored Links
Back