If a trader gets laid off..what next?

M

Mickymoody

There is someone, getting a decent wage, but suddenly has to fold, so they have a decent house to maintain, a lifestyle, but suddenly no income..and sign on at the dole.

They can't afford to run their car anymore, so their social network gets cut off, and where they look for work, they are turned away, rejected all the time, as the job has 200 applications.

And then a mention on a forum, that they are seeking employment, results in derogatory comments, as if they are social lepers? What would that do to a persons confidence?

They are there through no fault of their own, and struggle through the mediocre benefits, only to be met with a torrent of abuse accusing them of being a cheat, and scum, and playing the system...why? Why is one bad apple, accused with infecting the rest?

I've had various derogatory posts today, for no apparent reason. Is it because the posters believe I'm a threat to them? or because I represent something they don't know? I'm certainly not a threat. I didn't choose to be unemployed. But when I get up early in the morning and work in a charity shop, otherwise my money would be stopped, and people are DISAGREEING with that? So people DON'T like charity? Make your minds up.

Or is it a few stupid people post random comments, that they don't realise that they do, and don't realise the consequences of their responses?

Sponsored Links
Sorry Micky but you tend to get up peoples noses with your posts that often don't make any sense. You seem to ramble from one sentence to the next.

Example:
But when I get up early in the morning and work in a charity shop, otherwise my money would be stopped,

That does not make sense.

Yesterday you picked on someone for a spelling mistake that was not even there and in doing so made a spelling mistake yourself which somehow for you was a typo. You then went on to claim that the word should contain a hyphen.

If you don't like being criticized, stop being so critical yourself.

How does me saying I get up early in the morning to work in a charity shop NOT make sense? As the dole people force me to work there, and if I don't, then I don't get paid?

People are saying I sleep all day? Evidence?

How does me saying I get up early in the morning to work in a charity shop NOT make sense? As the dole people force me to work there, and if I don't, then I don't get paid?

Charity shops don't normally open until 09:00 hrs, is that early for you?

The dole do not force anyone to do charity work. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
So you are deluded as well? Yes they do. Are you manically oppressive, or totally delusional?

. Are you manically oppressive, ?
Manic Depressive :idea: now known as Bi Polar, :LOL: What you are witnessing , Mickey - is the result of social polarisation following Thatcherism . They think they are all worthy middle class grafters, and anyone who doesn`t fit / work is a parasite . It`s just shades of 1930`s Germany and the last days of the Roman Empire ;) Civilised ? it`s a thin veneer, and getting thinner year by year

rambling on the 'net until 5am is never a good sign :(

I'd find it difficult to be up and at work or volunteering later that morning.

I wouldn't even be fit to watch breakfast television

it helps to set the alarm and put a structure to your day

ATB

Charity shops don't normally open until 09:00 hrs, is that early for you?

The dole do not force anyone to do charity work. :rolleyes:

My sister starts work in charity shop next week - being sent there by social and gets £10 on top of her dole - if she doesn't attend she will lose her benefits - like OP unemployed through no fault of her own, applied for hundreds of jobs over past 2 years and had 2 interviews

If a trader gets laid off..what next?
They do what everyone else has to do and try and find a job. They worry about how they'll make ends meet. What will happen to their family. Will they have to move. Will the children have to move to another school, lose all their friends. You're no different to anyone else.

There is someone, getting a decent wage, but suddenly has to fold, so they have a decent house to maintain, a lifestyle, but suddenly no income..and sign on at the dole.

They can't afford to run their car anymore, so their social network gets cut off, and where they look for work, they are turned away, rejected all the time, as the job has 200 applications.

And then a mention on a forum, that they are seeking employment, results in derogatory comments, as if they are social lepers? What would that do to a persons confidence?

They are there through no fault of their own, and struggle through the mediocre benefits, only to be met with a torrent of abuse accusing them of being a cheat, and scum, and playing the system...why? Why is one bad apple, accused with infecting the rest?

I've had various derogatory posts today, for no apparent reason. Is it because the posters believe I'm a threat to them? or because I represent something they don't know? I'm certainly not a threat. I didn't choose to be unemployed.
You're quite happy to have a go at others on here pulling them up for their spelling (which was correct in the first place!), stating that their posts are 'random', telling them how 'etc' should be written. The list goes on Micky. You reap what you sow! Getting members backs up will inevitability lead to them having a go back at you. Case in point:
Or is it a few stupid people post random comments, that they don't realise that they do, and don't realise the consequences of their responses?
You call people 'stupid', that they post 'random comments'. I think it is YOU who doesn't 'realise the consequences of your responses'!

You know, if you don't like it here Micky no one is forcing you to come here. If you do like it then have a bit more respect for other members and you might just find that people here are willing to help in some way.

I dont know Mickymoody too well, but if I was in his position I would be out there actively seeking employment. I have noticed he spends a lot of time on here, thats up to him....but I would spend all my free time applying and applying for jobs. Maybe he does it all online, I dont know.

I have nothing against anyone on the dole, but I dont like seeing people on the dole who do nothing to get themselves back into work. Some people say there are no jobs out there - there are loads of jobs out there, people just need to work harder at looking for them!

you say that now, but after the first few months of searching the net and the job center and local papers all day every day and sending in applications left right and center to vacancies that will support you ( minimum wage is no good to someone with a wife, 2 kids and a mortgage to pay for example ), then you tend to get disheartened..
you can only fill so many hours in the day with looking for work.. after that you have to find other things to do, or end up just watching Jeremy Kile or Springer etc..

I think you sound like a bit of a whingeing, argumentative, obnoxious piece of work. That's just my opinion.
If you're not prepared to take it, don't dish it out.
I've had sixteen weeks out of work so far this year. I don't qualify for any benefits but I still have to put up with their condescending crap down at the dole. You just have to keep plugging away and something will turn up. As for not being able to afford to run your car and becoming cut off from your social network.........er, have you heard of a telephone?

heeelllooo Mickymoody :D :D

you have my sympathy as we have all to one extent or other suffered the indignity over the years :D

my only other comments would be if your honest and courteous to the forum members [and people in general] they will afford you civility and respect back [ok maybe just tolerance lol]
i am sure theres many a person on here that think i am a complete tool for the way i seem to defend the indifendable when in actual fact i am just trying to provide accurate facts as best as i can so people can form there own opinions from all the information and not just one side

the point i am making is treat others like you expect to be treated ;)

Sponsored Links
Back