If evolution is true.............

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are some races a little behind in the evolutionary tree ?

Now I'm not pointing the finger anywhere...........The north American Indians
has a perfectly ecological society until the savages whites invaded, same for the aborigines that were hunted like animals for sport by the genteel Victorians.

Sponsored Links
Not terribly pc to say but I'm inclined to agree a little.
You've mentioned the aborigines and I've visited Australia and come across their culture and to be honest I thought it was something of an evolutionary cul-de-sac. They first entered the country some 24,000 years ago and when they were first encountered by europeans they were still living an essentially stone age exsistence, there's no written language, no buildings , no domestication of animals and as far as I know very little in the way of farming . In short if you could transport an aborigine from 20,000 years ago to just a couple of hundred years ago his life would be pretty much identical.
The christian settlers ( the ones that didn't think they were little more than a nuisance anyway) were probably working with a least good intentions of humanity even if their methods are looked at as being wrong nowadays.
I think if they were to have been discovered only recently we'd have a scruffy irishman on the telly telling us to "give us your effing money , these people are living in the effing stone age".

I sometimes wonder if civilised mans rapid progress will effectively be his downfall.

Civilisation and evolution aren't related. The aborigine can live happily in the bush where the white man will starve and die of thirst in hours.

They both have the same brain capacity - just used in a different way.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean "If Evolution Is True" what is the alternative fur christ sake!

Big "G" and his band of merry men, lucifer and his horde of henchmen, fairies at the bottom of the garden, that is one almighty leap of faith (blind) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Civilisation and evolution aren't related. The aborigine can live happily in the bush where the white man will starve and die of thirst in hours.

This is my point Joe.
Modern man has progressed so rapidly that for each time they experience something new/exciting/stimulating the effect wears off more quickly each time and he is looking for his next 'fix'.
Take PC's for example. In the early 90's a bog standard Desktop PC had about 560Mb capacity.
Now we have, in less than 20 years more capacity in a mobile phone, (and we remember what 'bricks' they were when they first appeared!), than what a high-end PC had!
The difference is the aborigines/native indians appreciate what the land gives them and don't think they are masters of all sundry that MUST have the latest thing to be invented.
Eventually there will come a time when progress will stagnate and modern man will not be able to comprehend this.

Can you tell the difference between "race" and "culture?"

Northern Europeans are the same race that they were ten thousand years ago. But discoveries and experiements with different kinds of government, economy and improved warfare have changed our living conditions a lot. This has nothing to do with evolution.

This is my point Joe.
Modern man has progressed so rapidly that for each time they experience something new/exciting/stimulating the effect wears off more quickly each time and he is looking for his next 'fix'.
Take PC's for example. In the early 90's a bog standard Desktop PC had about 560Mb capacity.
Now we have, in less than 20 years more capacity in a mobile phone, (and we remember what 'bricks' they were when they first appeared!), than what a high-end PC had!
The difference is the aborigines/native indians appreciate what the land gives them and don't think they are masters of all sundry that MUST have the latest thing to be invented.
Eventually there will come a time when progress will stagnate and modern man will not be able to comprehend this.

Or we might be devastated by another flu outbreak, the last major pandemic was almost a century ago, 1918, killing millions, now if that were to happen now, we may be to clever to start from the middle again if you see where i'm coming from, we all have mobile phones but how many of us could actually make them? if all the phone makers were to perish tomorow how would we continue?

We started at the begining A then progressed through B C D E and so on now if we were to go back to B could we do or make what are now lost trades but we might need again after a catastrophy.

I could really go a joint right now. :LOL: :LOL:

I see where you are coming from Pred, (though never touch joints and would prefer another can, :LOL: ), and I have often wondered where would we be if these 'gurus' hadn't come along and been able to do these things.
Mankind got by with what he knew. True, there were times when disease wiped out almost entire cities but in general man survived. And this is what keeps aborigines/indians the way they are.
They don't take without giving back. Think of the first few lines to Soldier Blue.

I look out and I see a land.
Young and lovely. Hard and strong
For fifty thousand years we've danced her praises.
Prayed our thanks and we've just begun. Yes, Yes

Yes this is my country.
Young and growing.
Free and flowing. See to see.
Yes, this is my country.
Ripe and bearing miracles
in every pond and tree.
Her spirit walks the high country.
She's giving free wild samples.
And setting an example how to give.

Which is saying that when we take we have to give back.
Modern man doesn't do that. Its all take, take take.
Heaven help our grand children, they will eventually see us for what we really are. Selfish and self righteous.

I wouldn't worry too much conny.....you won't be around to hear them whinging about it all. :evil:

You know we in the west with our latest tech , whizzbang this and that think we have something great and look on others with a sense of pity..

really?

There will be people living out on the African Bush who have been very happy with their lot.

Thought about this the other day as I went on a camping weekend.

I had a tent with no electric hook up. No internet access and just a few friends . Some beers and some great scenery.
Had I found work on a local farm as a labourer I would have been basically living an African lifestyle.
...and you know what away from all the consumerism and just with company I could easily have imagined just going out during the day to work the land and then coming home later to be with the family. No facebook to destroy conversation /communication or rrspect.

We have got it all wrong.

This is my point Joe.

Or we might be devastated by another flu outbreak, the last major pandemic was almost a century ago, 1918, killing millions, now if that were to happen now, we may be to clever to start from the middle again if you see where i'm coming from, we all have mobile phones but how many of us could actually make them? if all the phone makers were to perish tomorow how would we continue?

We started at the begining A then progressed through B C D E and so on now if we were to go back to B could we do or make what are now lost trades but we might need again after a catastrophy.

I could really go a joint right now. :LOL: :LOL:

Flu pandemics always weaken - it's part of evolution. It wouldn't kill anywhere near the number you are suggesting. Only a meteorite strike or super volcano could do that. Or maybe thermo-nuclear war. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back