if i had hair i would be pulling it out.

J

johnnojob

just had a lot of help from the decorating forum.
now i need help from the plumbing forum.
first of all thank you for takeing time to assist me and others.
I have a powermax 140 ss heating system and hot water system.
the unit works very well only a few problems in past usually due to poorly installed plastic pipes.now all copper on surface and working perfect.
From previous problems i keep a new stock of spares including burner gasket,auto air extractor.gasket and electrode.sparking box.grundfoss pumps and those carp 22mm pump valves.
Ok my problem is that the insurance company i use sent an engineer to carry out a safety & service check as normal,they being done it for 4 years,
today was a new face engineer,looked rather young and deffo not experienced on on powermax,s.
He was not interested in looking at previous service reports and parts i had.
So he slapped a do not use label on my boiler and cut off its gas from somewhere.think he said meter.
He mentioned a gaskett kit for service visits which he will need to bring on next visit leaveing us with no boiler.
gasket part i have is new with reciept from parts ctr,other parts i have are older.
So what do i do now.no heating.no hot water.no cooking facilty.

thanks for any help in relation to this unusuall problem.

Sponsored Links
Kick off with the insurance company (Homeserve ?), What evidence did he provide for classifying your boiler as Immediately Dangerous ? Did he leave you with the appropriate paperwork? ie Warning Notice which should have explained his reasons and which you should have countersigned.

THERE may be a problem with the boiler and he may have acted correctly; but surely you would not then be asking for advice on this site.
The burner seal needs to be replaced if disturbed. He may have been doing his job properly and checking the baffle plates, but again why if he did not have a replacement seal.

If you allow him back in, request that it is a joint visit with a senior engineer. You will be told that this is not possible but KICK OFF and things will start to happen.

So, did he actually service or dismantle the appliance, as your post makes it sound like he didn't. If he did, why did he start without having the parts available. Weird.

Also, why couldn't he disconnect the boiler and leave the other appliances on?

Are we getting the full story?

Did you not make him tea.LOL

sorry just got in,been job hunting.
the (engineer) was in my property for approx 3 minutes,most time scribbling un readable notes on a worksheet.
i contacted the contracting company directly first thing this morning 8am via phone and e-mail asking them to look at my post on this forum.
i was promised a reply at 9am,so i left my other half in to deal with them she has her uses.
well this forum has really assisted me yet again,a phone call from a director of the contracting company at 905am stated that an engineer would visit my property at any time convient to restore gas for cooker and they will get baxi/heateam to carry out service at no additional cost,appointment has now been booked.
a manager and an engineer called at 10.30am as requested and restored gas for cooker,leaveing work sheet stateing work done.
my other half said she was still not sure why we were disconnected from the gas cooker,personally i was overjoyed as her cooking is not so good.
the manager offered a cash sum to settle any problems now and close the case.
can not say the cash ammount but its the service plan x 5.

another happy ending thanks to diynot and the great guys who help out for free.

thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Great result!!! :p

You can use the cash for acookery course for your missus. I love being invited for dinner btw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back