If labour got in to power can you imagine the chaos ......

Quite right look what's happening in Germany now due to the mass immigration.......
What the rise of the far right political parties? The political parties that were one-policy party, (anti-EU) but adopted, caused and re-ignited an anti-immigrant policy in order to increase their popularity.

A bit like **** end pretending to be concerned about women's right, when all along he only wants to slate Islam, and other foreigners. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The run would occur if they turned aspiration in to policy and then action.

I'd have put money on parity if that scenario transpired (which is increasingly likely, given the stand off), but the euro and USD are significantly weaker today than a year ago. Merkel will be inward focused while she sorts out a Germany first strategy to appease her new partners, Trump has significantly weakened the USD, but is unable to do anything with the current balance of power.

It all depends how labour delivers their plan. if they compensate those losing out as a result of nationalisation, then the UK's credit/debt rating will crash causing a massive devaluation. If they rob people, then confidence in investment will be impacted.

Sponsored Links
I'd have put money on parity if that scenario transpired (which is increasingly likely, given the stand off), but the euro and USD are significantly weaker today than a year ago.

Just taking one other exchange rate to compare:
upload_2017-9-27_9-57-19.png

The euro looks really strong, over the last twelve months against the yen.

It all depends how labour delivers their plan. if they compensate those losing out as a result of nationalisation, then the UK's credit/debt rating will crash causing a massive devaluation.
I do not think anyone imagines their plan will be completed in day 1, or week 1, or month 1, or year 1, or even Parliament term 1.
Have they allocated a time-frame to completing their plan, or even delivering their plan?

If they rob people, then confidence in investment will be impacted.
Not surprising, it is illegal.

'They' seems to refer to people John Macdonell doesnt like :)

More detail about it here:

The shadow chancellor vowed that Labour would be “a radical government” and that the party was trying to “answer the question about what happens when, or if, they come for us”.

When asked yesterday who McDonnell meant by “they”, Corbyn replied: “I think they’re people who John probably doesn’t like,” adding: “I think he’s looking back again to the experience of past Labour governments” – a reference to the 1960s and 70s when financial markets reacted negatively to the policies of the Wilson governments.

The scenario planning is being carried out by the group Class Wargames, which describes itself as “an avant-garde movement of artists, activists and theoreticians engaged in the production of works of ludic subversion in the bureaucratic society of controlled consumption”. The group also “trains the militants of the cybernetic communist revolution to come”.

Governments Rob people every day in the public interest - it becomes legal if they get an act of law through.

The run if there is one will be by speculators and hot money. As will be capital flight.

In the short run there will be price volatility but in the long term these same capitalists will charge back in if they see the UK as being

Governments Rob people every day in the public interest - it becomes legal if they get an act of law through.

Corporations rob people every day for their private interest. Financial crisis, misselling PPI etc.

indeed they do. Every year I get a bill for administrative charges on a lease i own, but the lease explicitly defines what can be charged. Every year they say it's a mistake when I point this out. But i know they work on the basis that some will pay.

If a person does it, it's likely to be treated as fraud. I do think corporations hide by mistakes too much

It's interesting to reflect that Conservative Chancellor Phillip Hammond, the man who oversaw the lowest slump in the British Pound for 31 years, has suggested that a Labour victory in the next General Election might crash the pound and cause shock inflation.

Hammond’s ludicrously evidence-free prediction stands in stark contrast to his own record of literally crashing the pound and causing shock inflation.

The Chancellor was responding to Labour’s Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell admitting that Labour had been “war-gaming” a variety of situations for being in Government. These included preparing plans to deal with a run on the pound, should international markets attempt to pressure a Labour government into devaluation.

Admittedly Hammond’s comments make sense for the Conservative party. Having failed to plan for winning an election, for losing a referendum, or even losing an election, it would be a total reverse in Tory policy to actually prepare for possible futures.

Of course, the Tory Chancellor might have benefited from some of McDonnell’s foresight.

ireland, holland, luxembourg, denmark or any one of the eastern EU countries

Sponsored Links
Back