If labour got in to power can you imagine the chaos ......

that didn't worry you last time

PoundDrops.jpg

why do you imagine it would happen?

were you frightened it would happen when Theresa lost her majority through misguided incompetence?

More hysterical fear-mongering.

Sponsored Links
why do you imagine it would happen?

It's Corbyn and McDonnell who are planning for it. And for once, I actually agree with them ... as do all the finance people, FFS.

And a run on the pound is not that graph you posted. It will need to be twice as high

I'm sure the Bank of England, and all the Chancellors of the Exchequer for at least a hundred years, have done the same contingency planning.

Look out for an unending stream of anti-Corbin scare stories in the right-wing media

Sponsored Links
"Jeremy Corbyn says it is "right to look at all these scenarios" after his shadow chancellor suggested that there could be a run on the pound if Labour went into government."
That would be Labour's fault, would it?

We've already had a run on the pound because of the brexit vote.

Did it revert when May won the election?

I'm sure the Bank of England, and all the Chancellors of the Exchequer for at least a hundred years, have done the same contingency planning.

Look out for an unending stream of anti-Corbin scare stories in the right-wing media

Don't think so. No party has even thought that the very fact of them getting into power would cause a massive loss of investment and devaluation of the currency, and associated impact on jobs and businesses.

You're confusing normal economic risk planning with an abnormally stupid economic plan.

The other major issue in the Leave campaign was anti-immigration.
We should not lose sight of that aspect of the Leave campaign.

Quite right look what's happening in Germany now due to the mass immigration.......We shouldn't lose sight of it, the gratitude of refugee status migrants has been demonstrated on the underground has it not ?

Why on earth would we want porous borders that allow all and sundry in to the country.

this one, for example.

yep - good uncle Jeremy, he's a good hearted lovely old man who justs wants be like santa clause. Awww bless him.

A "run" on the £ would see the £ go below 1 Euro/USD, probably well below.

I do hope the conversatives get their sh** together sometime soon..

Don't think so. No party has even thought that the very fact of them getting into power would cause a massive loss of investment and devaluation of the currency, and associated impact on jobs and businesses.
If you had read the statements correctly, you would have realised that this is contingency planning "if Labour are in power and if They come for us", referring of course to all the anti-Corbyn, anti-Labour politicians.
Only in this scenario does John MacDonell envisage a run-on-the-pound scenario, not caused by Labour being power, but caused by the anti-Corbyn, anti-Labour politicians.

Sponsored Links
Back